A communication strategy is designed to help organizations communicate effectively and meet key objectives. To start, it is useful to highlight the context. The following steps will help you write a compelling communication strategy.
- Set the communication goals and objectives.
- Identify key stakeholders including the target audiences.
- Develop effective messages which will speak to the audiences. The messages should be relevant and appropriate to the different audiences.
- 4.Identify key communication channels, techniques, and tools.
- Create a timeline of activities. The timetable indicates the key communications activities, budget, and resources allocated to delivering the strategy.
- The communications strategy should conclude with a section on evaluation.
You can also include a PR and Press strategy to raise organizational profile in the media; or a digital strategy to build an online presence using social media, a website, online campaign and web marketing.
Click on the link to see how to deliver an effective communication strategy.